Mr Darren Paul
Darren is a Principal Engineering Geologist with 18 years’ experience. Holding degrees in both geology and civil engineering, he specializes in geotechnical investigations, ground model development and assessment ground related risk to buildings, roads, tunnels, railways, pipelines and other infrastructure.
Darren has specialist skills in geological and geomorphological mapping which he has used to undertake terrain evaluation and hazard identification studies in Australia, PNG and West Africa as well as slope stability assessments throughout Victoria and New South Wales.
Darren has received a number of professional awards including Victorian Young Engineer of the year 2008, Richard Wolters Prize (IAEG) 2010 and Australian Geomechanics Award for Best Paper, 2014.
Darren is past chair of the Australian Geomechanics Society and member of the IAEG technical commission on ground models. He is a teaching fellow at Monash University where he lectures in engineering geology.
Sponsorship & Exhibition
- Full papers due 31 July 2021.
- Review comments provided end of October 2021.
- Final papers due end of December 2021.
- Registrations open December 2021.
- Pre-recorded presentations due end of February 2022.
- 7iYGEC Conference 29 and 30 April 2022.
- Young Professionals Day , 1 May 2022.