Mr Darren Paul
Darren is a Principal Engineering Geologist with 18 years’ experience. Holding degrees in both geology and civil engineering, he specializes in geotechnical investigations, ground model development and assessment ground related risk to buildings, roads, tunnels, railways, pipelines and other infrastructure.
Darren has specialist skills in geological and geomorphological mapping which he has used to undertake terrain evaluation and hazard identification studies in Australia, PNG and West Africa as well as slope stability assessments throughout Victoria and New South Wales.
Darren has received a number of professional awards including Victorian Young Engineer of the year 2008, Richard Wolters Prize (IAEG) 2010 and Australian Geomechanics Award for Best Paper, 2014.
Darren is past chair of the Australian Geomechanics Society and member of the IAEG technical commission on ground models. He is a teaching fellow at Monash University where he lectures in engineering geology.
Sponsorship & Exhibition
- Abstract submissions closed 31 January 2021.
- Notification of abstracts acceptance and full paper submission opens February/March 2021
- Full papers due 30 June 2021
- Peer reviews August/September 2021
- Final papers due 20 December 2021
- Pre-recorded Presentations 14 February 2022
- Early Bird Registration 1 March 2022
- 7iYGEC29 April - 1 May 2022