The Australian Geomechanics Society (AGS) will offer a number of grants to assist individuals who might require additional resources to attend the International Conference on Soil Mechanics and Geotechnical Engineering in Sydney in 2021.
- Applications are due by 1 June 2021.
- The Conference Local Organising Committee (LOC) and the AGS will determine the successful applicants by the end of July 2021.
- The LOC has determined that the AGS National Funding will be used in the following areas:
- As a waiver or reduction of registration fees.
- As a waiver or partial waiver of local accommodation booking (in a designated ICSMGE 2021 hotel determined by the LOC).
- All applicants must demonstrate a willingness to fund their own travel and visa application costs for entry into Australia.
Successful candidates must agree to provide a summary report of approximately 500 words including images (maximum two) for inclusion on the ICSMGE 2021 and AGS website and for publicity purposes. This report must be delivered within four weeks of attending the Conference.
Priority will be given to:
- Applicants who have submitted an abstract (either a poster or oral presentation) for the Conference.
- Applicants who can demonstrate that their economic status makes self-funding challenging or impossible without such support.
Procedure for Submission
Complete the Submission Application Form Template and upload to the Portal link provided by 1 June 2021.Apply for ICSMGE Grant
If you have any questions or would like further assistance please contact [email protected]